Membership & Legacies
Non-voting associate membership of the Trust is available by selecting one of the following membership levels, each level has a different monthly cost. Our preferred method of payment is by bank standing order – please complete the Membership Application Form, post it to us and we’ll do the rest. If you wish to sign up immediately with your debit or credit card, then click on one of the buttons below.
We have a unique locomotive, the DUKE. We therefore ensure that everything we do is also unique. The following illustrates this philosophy.
- All we ask of family members is that their monthly contributions are what they can afford, they start at £5. They are all treated equally. We understand that the disposable income of some of our loyal family members is limited. We have members who are now able to pay significantly more, and they are happy with being treated equally because that is the type of family, they want to be part of.
- The Duke will carry the Trusts logo on his tender to acknowledge the contributions made by our family members, their Duke.
- We refer to the Duke as HIM, in his BR days he had a wife, sadly now deceased 46225 Duchess of Gloucester.
- We have unique Duke clothing which carries the Duke logo, so our family members are clearly identified. They will be able to stand alongside their Duke and be identified as members of the same family.
- Our support crew members wear Duke overalls which carry the Duke logo, plus their names.
- We issue regular family updates along with holding members days which are free to members and include tours of Tyseley works to see the progress on the overhaul, along with lunch and various presentations.
- We offer our members only, a ride on his loaded test run for £10.